Saturday, November 17, 2007

Magazines are not Dead

I get over 30 magazines a month. Is that excessive? On every flight I take, I have 10-15 magazines to read through. I typically knock out each magazine I get within 2-3 days of it being in my mailbox. I rip pages out, send copies to friends and business associates and make notes in the margins. I make my magazines work.

People will always be loyal to their favorite magazines and will always find time to read them -- usually at their leisure and most often at home. And magazine readers are affluent, influential and involved. That can't be a bad thing.

Here are a few of my favorite magazines:

New York
New Yorker
Los Angeles
Portfolio
Atlantic
Architectural Digest
Esquire
Rolling Stone
Blender
Spin
Paste
Men's Health
Outdoors
The Week
WIRED
Fast Company
Time
Newsweek
U S News
Forbes
Fortune
Money
Travel & Leisure
Sports Illustrated
ESPN
AdWeek
BrandWeek
Advertisng Age
Campaign
Shoot

No comments: